A.V. Savchenko. Statistical pattern recognition based on probabilistic neural network with homogeneity testing
Statistical pattern recognition was reduced to the hypothesis test for homogeneity. The probabilistic neural network (PNN) modification was proposed to achieve its optimal decision in terms of minimum Bayes-risk. The comparative analysis' results of the proposed modification with an original PNN were presented in a problem of automatic author identification.
statistical pattern recognition, probabilistic neural network, hypothesis test for samples homogeneity, Kullback-Leibler minimum information discrimination principle.
1. Borovkov A.A. Mathematical statistics: additional chapters, Moscow: Nauka, 1984. - 144 p. (in Russian)
2. Koutroumbas K., Theodoridis S. Pattern Recognition, Boston: Academic Press, 2008. - 840 с.
3. Vapnik V.N. Statistical learning theory. – New York: Wiley; 1998. – 732 p.
4. Savchenko A.V., Probabilistic neural network with homogeneity testing in recognition of discrete patterns set // Neural Networks. – 2013. – Vol. 46.– pp. 227-241.
5. Specht D.F. Probabilistic neural networks // Neural Networks. 1990. Vol. 3. pp.109–118.
6. Rutkowski L. Adaptive probabilistic neural networks for pattern classification in time-varying environment //IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks.- 2004.- Vol.15 (4).- pp. 811-827
7. Savchenko V.V. Detection and correction of the errors in the tasks of automatic speech recognition on the basis of the principle of the minimum of information mismatch // Izvestia vuzov Rossii. Radioelektrnika. 2012. No 4. pp.10-18. (in Russian)
8. Kullback S. Information Theory and Statistics. New York: Dover Pub, 1997.- 408 p.
9. Shevelev O.G. Methods of automatic classifications of texts in a natural language. Tomsk : TML-Press, 2007. – 144 p. (in Russian)
10. Tsypkin Ya.Z. Adaptation and learning in automated systems. Moscow: Nauka, 1968. - 400 p. (in Russian)
11. Savchenko V.V., Savchenko A.V. The minimum information-mismatch principle in a problem of recognition of discrete objects // Izvestia vuzov Rossii. Radioelektrnika. 2005. No 3. pp.10-18. (in Russian)
12. Savchenko A.V. Automatic image recognition three-threshold system // Artificial intelligence and decision support. - 2011. – №4. - pp.102-109. (in Russian)
13. Aizerman M., Braverman E., Rozonoer L. Theoretical foundations of the potential function method in pattern recognition learning // Automation and Remote Control, 1964, 25, pp. 821–837
14. Savchenko A.V., Directed enumeration method in image recognition // Pattern Recognition.– 2012. – 45(8) . – pp. 2952-2961.
15. E-library of Maxim Moskkov, http://www.lib.ru.
16. Manning C., Raghavan P., Sch?tze H. Introduction to Information Retrieval, Cambridge University Press, 2008.– 528 p.
17. Nikolenko S.I., Tulupjev A.L. Self-teaching systems. Moskow: MZNMO, 2009.– 288 p. (in Russian)